Enboarder can use Slack as a notification channel - sending sequence notifications to participants in this method, rather than email or SMS.
Below is a preview of what your communications will look like when pushed to slack.
If you wish to return to these communications at a later date, they can be found under 'Apps' as seen below:
Check out the steps below to integrate Slack:
Create a Slack app by logging into Slack as an administrator:
- Go to the "Apps" panel on the top left side, then click on App Directory from the top right
- This will open the Slack App Directory browser page, click on "Build" in Top right corner
- The system will redirect you to https://api.slack.com page. Click on "Start Building" to be redirected to the app creation page.
- Enter an App name such as Enboarder App and use the "Development Slack Workplace" dropdown to select the specific workplace where integration needs to connect then click on "Create App"
- The system will create the App and take you to the App home page
- The Basic Information section of the App home page is optional to update the logo and background color if required.
- Next find "OAuth and Permissions" on the left side under the "Features" section.
- Go to the "Scopes" section in the page and give access for chat:write:user and user:read:email permission.
For this step, search for "chat:write" in select permission scopes search text and select "Send message as user", it will be added to the scope. Next search for "user:read:email" on the search field and select "View email addresses of people on this workspace", it will also be added to the scope. Also search for "user:read scope" ("Access your workspace's profile information) as well. Now press save changes.
So following 3 scopes are required in Bot Token scope:
- To install this app, go to the Basic Information page and expand the section to "Install your app to your workspace" and click on "Install App to workplace" then "Allow"
- Once installed, click on "OAuth and Permissions" under the Features sections. Copy the "Bot User OAuth Access Token" from this page. This token needs to be pasted in the Enboarder application when completing the slack integration.
- When the OAuth token is copied from Slack, access Enboarder settings then select the "Integration" tab and finally click into the Slack tile.
- Click the Slack tile, click "Add Integration", enter the Access token and email domain details and click "Integrate Now".
It’s that simple!
NOTE: Domain here is the email domain shared by users, and not the slack domain. For example, for Enboarder, slack domain is http://enboarder.slack.com and users are launched with firstname.lastname@example.org email, we need to provide "enboarder.com" as the domain above (i.e. the email domain not the slack domain).
In case you have multiple domains, Please enter the values separated by Comma symbol. (eg: enboarder.com, us.enboarder.com, eu.enboarder.com)
While launching sequences, we check if the email of the participant in the workflow is the same as listed in the configuration. If the email domain is a match, then we will send a Slack notification instead.